Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Kata Lotta, Kick The Bag...

Tonight, we practiced kata, several times. Takeio Kai Ichei for white belts, highest kata for yellow on up. (There were two of us white belts tonight.)

We also did Empi kata once or twice, all of us.

After that, we did kicks and strikes on Bob, the rubber head and torso on a stand.





We did combinations of kicks and punches, single kicks, and hand strikes.

Finally, we finished up with ten repetitions of side kicks on each leg.

Sensei advised us that we will spar on Thursday night. Also, there will be a belt promotion ceremony. Two of the yellow belts have earned their green belt. I'm looking forward to it.

I also learned that I have to boil my mouth guard and bite down on it to fit it to my teeth. I didn't know that before.

More on Thursday night.

Sayonara,

Dan

No comments: