Thursday, January 29, 2009

Sparring 'Til We Drop...

...this was a great class. I was in for a makeup session at Sensei's invitation because I missed Tuesday last week. We started off for 20 minutes in a side room with stretching and then kick, punch, and self-defense techniques.

After that, we went to our usual Dojo and geared up for sparring, and we spent the next hour sparring.

One of the guys my age and about a foot shorter was really jazzed up and wound tight because he has a tournament a week from Sunday, Feb 8th. He was very fast & aggressive, but I managed to make him work for most of his points.

I sparred most everyone in class except a couple of the kids, and wound out the session sparring our Purple Belt.

All said and done, it was great exercise.

Sayonara,

Dan

No comments: