Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Patches & Squat Thrusts

Alright, last week I got my Gi in the cleaners to get the patches put on, and ankle ribbons.

I'll have to get some pictures yet this week of the finished Gi.

(*Side note* I found this forum about my specific style, and some of the people there studied under my Sensei's Master Heriaud. )

My promotion ceremony to yellow belt takes place tomorrow night.l (Thursday 06/12/2008)

As part of yellow belt training for the next rank, I must learn Takeo Ko Kai Shii - and part of that is a thrust kick. I had no idea I even had muscles there!!! The first black belt of my class is also a kick boxing instructor - and she taught me how to do proper squat-thrusts at Sensei's request in order to give me the necessary leg strength to handle it.

White belts - learn this now - it will be a big help when you go to yellow if you're already built up.

Sayonara,

Dan

No comments: