Wednesday, February 27, 2008

A Good Class...

We had two new gals in class tonight, one young gal is a real go-getter, great kicking. Sensei started us off doing the highest kata we know. (I just know number one) Then he had us doing hand strikes and kicks. For this, he had various students holding large kicking pads while the rest of us lined up and practiced kicking. (We all got to take turns, me included, holding the pads)

One of the interesting drills was where we formed two lines, and we'd practice kicking two pads at the same time together. The idea was to get us working on reacting to peripheral vision cues with instant action. It also allowed us to work on being fighting teams of two using in-synch attack timing. Pretty cool stuff.

Hard enough for me to believe, this is the last of our seven-week session. I just ponied up for the next seven weeks tonight. (With a full YMCA membership that's $30.00 per session, and since I'm taking both Tuesday and Thursday night classes, that winds up at $60.00 for seven weeks for me.)

BTW, I got my new kicks and head gear in last Friday, but we haven't sparred yet, so I haven't used them. I'll let you know when we do.

Kicks drilled: Front, side, roundhouse, crescent, back, and reverse roundhouse.

Sayonara,

Dan

No comments: