Monday, February 18, 2008

The Protection Racket...

...I signed up today at the local Sports Authority store. Just kidding!

Actually, I went in and bought a cup and mouth guard for sparring. Let's hope it's protection enough. I know I certainly do!

It took a bit to find a sales associate who was available, but that's not unusual these days in any store. Once our young expert became available, however, he was mostly able to help me locate my best choices. I've yet to try them on - these aren't the type of things you can't try without buying - so an actual review will have to come later as far as the specific pieces of equipment I purchased. I'll try to get into that later this week.

S.A. did have the sparring gloves and helmets I need, but not the foot protectors. According to the young fellow on a ladder stocking the shelves, those aren't carried at S.A. - or at least not this location.

I only purchased the cup and mouth guard on this trip, however. I'm going to wait on the helmet and foot protectors. One of the fellows in class told me about a site. http://www.superfoots.com , where I should be able to pick these items up very inexpensively. I'll let you know how it goes.

Meanwhile, the boys have to go to jail now every time I go to class. :-)

Sayonara,

Dan

No comments: